Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Line Extras in 3D Window

MMontgomery
Enthusiast
How about having the Line Extra tools (intersect, fillet, chamfer) made available for use in the 3D window.

I find myself reaching for those tools when I'm cleaning up walls in the 3D window.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
MMontgomery wrote:
How about having the Line Extra tools (intersect, fillet, chamfer) made available for use in the 3D window.
As the name says, they are LINE extras - and lines can be seen only in the 2D windows. So ...
I find myself reaching for those tools when I'm cleaning up walls in the 3D window.
Yes, the same (fillet/chamfer/etc) should work for the walls anywhere; CTRL click works for Intersect. However, if my plan is already dimensioned (and I tend to do that heavily) I tend to use Adjust - the end nodes do not get cut and the dimensions do not disappear.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
I may be doing something wrong, but in order for CTRL click and Adjust to work, doesn't the plane of at least one wall need to be crossing the plane of the other

like this:

=== || ....or.... ==||==

The situation that I run into from time to time would have two walls at an angle to each other, but neither one crossing the plane of the other.

like this: (disregard the periods)

............. ||
............. ||

===

AFAIK, This won't allow me to select a wall and use the other wall as a cut plane or an adjust plane while in the 3D window.

I know this is simple enough to do in plan view, but sometimes I'll have a situation where several elements are stacked and the quickest way to see/edit them is in the 3D window.

this might also be fixed if we could select something in the 3D window and switch to plan view and have the same elements selected there
Djordje
Ace
MMontgomery wrote:
I may be doing something wrong, but in order for CTRL click and Adjust to work, doesn't the plane of at least one wall need to be crossing the plane of the other
Only for Adjust; then you have to draw the direction (lock a coordinate as appropriate or define a parallel direction). AFAIK CTRL Click works in all cases.

Parallel walls of course do not intersect; also colinear ones don't.
this might also be fixed if we could select something in the 3D window and switch to plan view and have the same elements selected there
Or, from any window to 3D window; and what is selected in 3D window to be selected in any 2D window.

Workaround: Open Find&select, use eyedropper to pick up the unique properties of something from the 3D window, open the 2D window you want, select.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Workaround: Open Find&select, use eyedropper to pick up the unique properties of something from the 3D window, open the 2D window you want, select.
Yep. that's how I currently select things from window to window, I ❤️ the Find&Select tool !!
Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Added to wishlist
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE