Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Line types in composite walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I have seen this mentioned in other threads, but I could find a specific wish for it, so ...
I wish we could use any line type (solid/dashed or symbol) for our skin lines in composites. We can use them in complex profiles, so.... Let's have some tool uniformity please.
8 REPLIES 8
Chazz
Enthusiast
I think I must be missing something.....

You can do this and have been able to for a while...
Composite_line_types.jpg
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Chazz wrote:
I think I must be missing something.....

You can do this and have been able to for a while...
It still only offers you Solid or Dashed linetypes. What we need are Symbolic linetypes.

Cheers,
Link.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Link wrote:
It still only offers you Solid or Dashed linetypes.
Right you are.

I have to say I have never really found myself wanting this --dashes do me fine. Certainly not compared to a Model View Option to change ALL walls to core skins only and then to show them with a globally set line type that overrides the setting in the wall setup.
Anonymous
Not applicable
While perhaps not the most urgent issue facing AC. I just can't understand why walls with regular fills & complex profile walls can use any linetype, but then we are not offered the same options for composites. It is the same kind of problem where most of the doors have a certain variety of panels, or hardware, or whatever... and then the odd couple that have a different set of that parameter and you can't get things to match. If I want to have the walls have a particular line type, and Graphisoft builds it in so I can have that that line type: program it t so I can use it 100% of the time not just 75% of time, which mean either I had better not use it at all or only use it how the AC programmers likes it.
Chazz
Enthusiast
The thing is, parts of the program were written on parchment with quill pens and compiled on a model A Ford running an early version the dewey decimal system.

The composite wall thing is a lot newer. I think it was done on a 286 running Dos 4.1.

Someday someone will write a book, the central thesis of which is that using ArchiCAD is like a descending through billions of years of geologic time as you walk to the bottom of the Grand Canyon... It probably won't sell.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
What we need are Symbolic linetype
Link.
Agree 100%!
And one thing more when it comes to composite walls is the ability of displaying each wall composite in a different pattern when orbiting in 3D...like in this case where you have a composite slab
slab copy.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
Mario wrote:
And one thing more when it comes to composite walls is the ability of displaying each wall composite in a different pattern when orbiting in 3D...like in this case where you have a composite slab
There is an (old) existing wish item / poll for display of linework / fills / materials in 3D.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Mario wrote:
Wow - what kind of composite does that?!

Cheers,
Link.