BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Link dialogues together

Anonymous
Not applicable
Playing with the software as I'm learning it, one thing I'm finding annoying is the lack of linkage of dialogues.

Working with a column object (for example) I open up the settings dialogue, want to change the current profile to a complex profile, open up the complex profile dialogue, and if I don't find pre-saved there what I'm looking for, I have to exit and go to the Profile Manager to create the profile needed before stepping back to where I was and applying it.

Is there a particular reason for this lack of directness, the need to set things up in one place first so they can be applied in another, and not just created "on the fly" as it were?

I would think that given the modular nature of programming it would be fairly straightforward to program this in.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Closing and reopening the column dialogue box is not that bad, is it? If you open the column dialogue box and don't find what your looking for, just close it, make one, then open it back up and select your newly made part. Do you want to have the complex profiler within the column dialogue box? I think it's easy enough just as it is...
Maybe the problem is, that when aplying the profile to the element inside the profile editor - the "custom" profile is applied not the one edited- it is a big bug IMHO...lasting since AC 10

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea Chuck. I see no reason why there could not be a "create new profile" option when selecting a complex profile.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be so useful -

I can think of at least 2 other applications:

In a wall dialogue, to be able to go straight to 'Options: Element Attributes :Composite Wall'

When editing a fill, to be able to go straight to 'Options: Elements Attributes :Fill Types'

Keith
Archicad Ver 12 on Mac OSX 10.4.8
Learn and get certified!