BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Linked Favorites

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I think it would be nice to have what I call linked favorites, I mean, that every instance of an element placed in the project from a favorite will remain linked in settings to the favorite with the option of un-link of course, this way if we have, let say an element that is repeated several times in the project, we just have to go to the favorite and change the settings once, and all instances will be change. Imaging having to change a dimension style or a text style, just changing the favorite setting, or windows or doors, etc...

Now with the great Graphical favorites in AC 20 the favorites definitively are going to take more importance in our workflows, it will be nice also to have this option. It does not have to be exactly that way, but having this capability will be great.
11 REPLIES 11
Professor Pickle
Advocate
This is a must and it's one of those features that make Revit stand out especially during initial design phases. Being able to update/replace elements from any view in the project is important too. It really bugs me that each view has it's own selection. I'm going off topic here a bit, but it's related, but when working on a 3D virtual model selecting an element in one view should show that same element selected in all other views. Automatically.
Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

Barry Kelly
I personally would not want linked (associated) favourites.
I don't want 15 versions of the same favourite in my list (I exaggerate but you get the picture I think).

To me linked favourites is exactly what modules do now.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!