Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Linking Complete/Entire Layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
We can already link individual drawings on a layout to external sources, can we possibly take this one step further and let us link entire layouts from one file to another?

The reason behind this request is that my company has chosen to use a file sharing system known as Box. It is a very nice system in that anything we put on this common folder is then downloaded onto each computer on connected to the account. The problem with it is it negates the ability to use Teamwork. Our solution is to just simply have a few files dedicated to different aspects of project; elevations/sections, plans, interior elevations, etc...but then this leads to issues compiling all of the layouts into one master.

So, if we could have the ability to link whole layouts from one file to another, it would streamline the issue of compiling all the files together. I don't believe this to a difficult request, otherwise I would not ask about something so seemingly trivial.

Thank you for your consideration.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
110 views as of this morning and there is only 1 vote, excluding my own. Please, if you take the time to read the message, take one extra second to click an importance level button.

Thank you.
Stuart Smith
Booster
You can do this already. In the Organizer, in the left-hand pane select 'Browse Project...' for the file you want to import layouts from. Then drag and drop into the right-hand pane, which is your active project file. See attached screenshot.
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1