BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

List zones grouped by "Container" Zone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everybody!

Here comes my next wish: I'd like to be able create a zone list that group zones into zones. For example: I create a zone called "Master House" to the gross area of a residence and interior zones such as rooms, kitchen... and another zone called "Guest House" to the gross area of a guest house and interior zones such as rooms, baths... And when I create the list zone, it could group all the zones by the "container" zone. Maybe it is possible and I didn't figure out... What do you think?

Cheers,

Braza
4 REPLIES 4
Why not just give the proper name to the zone category (categories)
or just give the different id's to different parts of the project (I do such thing for example to the flats in the apartaments buildings)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Aussie John
Newcomer
Archicad seems to get a bit confused with overlapping zones. I have been using the fill tool for GFAs and call it up in the interactive Scheduler using the ID as a filter ( could easily be the fill type or layer)

Zones work well within a room but a pain to draw manually over the whole shape of a building.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Piotr,

Thanks for your input!
Piotr wrote:
Why not just give the proper name to the zone category (categories)
or just give the different id's to different parts of the project (I do such thing for example to the flats in the apartaments buildings)
I know I can create an specific name to the zone category, but this would change my office template which I really don't want. The meaning of my wish is that archicad could filter/recognize zones (or any element) into zones (2d and 3d) and AUTOMATICALLY list them grouped by the major zone. So it wouldn't be necessary to change IDs to filter a zone.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply!
Aussie wrote:
Zones work well within a room but a pain to draw manually over the whole shape of a building.
Try the magic wand... It works for me.

I think zones could be more effective in the filtering process. I don't know if its a hard job to do in software, but it would be very useful!
Learn and get certified!