Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Locking Property Expressions

LGreen
Booster
Property Expressions need to be lockable to prevent or inhibit custom values.

As it is property expressions are far too easy to accidentally create a custom value and break the link to the expression. For example, I've set up a property to show the Height and Width of openings which is then shown in a schedule. Simple enough. However a user can accidentally select the cell, hit space, and it becomes a custom value that no longer changes if the opening is resized. Thus we can't be 100% confident the values are correct and require a separate QA schedule to check if there are any custom values.

Ideally either the property should be lockable, or if selected, a warning should pop up if a user edits the locked property.
Lachlan Green | Architect | Drafter
AusBuild
AC23 & 25 | Windows 10 | Intel 11Gen Core i7 | 2.5GHz | 32GB RAM | Nvidia T1200
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I have added a poll so everyone can vote.
Don't forget to add your own vote.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I think this would be an important new capability. We should be able to lock/unlock Properties in the Property Settings Dialog. Also, in Teamwork Projects, the ability to do so should be Rule-based, so for example, only a Project Administrator could set or modify the Unlock state of Properties.
As a related wish, it would also be good to be able to see in Schedules whether a Property displays a custom value or not. Maybe it could be displayed in a different color if they are custom.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27