Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Locking or Pinning the Elevation Marker Location in Plan and Moving Storey Lines and Names

jakubc7
Advocate

I think it would be helpful to allow the user to pin the location of the Elevation Marker so that it does not move if the horizontal range is amended.

While we're at it, can we please allow to move the Story Level Symbol and Text/Names to move in both directions; inwards as well as outwards. Current settings only allow to move them away from the "view range".

So often I want to show my Section Marker further away from the building to make it clear in Plan but then I end up with Story Lines and Names way too far away from the building.

ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

@jakubc7 I know the problem and agree 100%.

The Elevation Markers (centre mark) themselves should be fixed (possibly with a reset to centre option), but the width range should allow for asymmetric offsetting in the elevation window whilst retaining the marker position on plan. 

The Section Markers (end marks) should also be fixed (possibly with a reset to centre option), but the width range should allow for inward & outward adjustment to enable better placement of the story markers in section. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-12211 and IDEA-12236)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

jakubc7
Advocate

Great to see this being looked at. @DGSketcher comment on section markets is also spit on. It would also help to resolve the issue of not being able to bring the section storey text towards the model rather then only outwards.

ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation