Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Longer sheet titles needed

Anonymous
Not applicable
One wish I have for PlotMaker 3 is to give it the ability to handle more letters in the layout names (used for sheet titles). The limit seems to be 31 letters which is fine most situations, but when you have long titles for a small house project like "FOUNDATION & 1ST FLOOR FRAMING PLAN", it just doesn't quite fit.
16 REPLIES 16
Djordje
Ace
virtual-e-home wrote:
One wish I have for PlotMaker 3 is to give it the ability to handle more letters in the layout names (used for sheet titles). The limit seems to be 31 letters which is fine most situations, but when you have long titles for a small house project like "FOUNDATION & 1ST FLOOR FRAMING PLAN", it just doesn't quite fit.
WHile this is a valid wish, in PlotMaker 3.1 you can assign titles to each drawing on the sheet. IMHO there is no point in repeating the info, so you can combine the sheet title and the drawing(s) title to achieve what you want.

Another way to do it is to create subsets for Plan, Section, Elevation and then name the sheets Framing and footing, AA, BB, whatever, and put <SUBSETNAME> <LAYOUTNAME> in the title. Have tried this on a couple of the projects, worked quite nicely.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Djorde. Very clever. A workaround, but still clever. Maybe you should add this to the tip list
Karl Ottenstein
virtual-e-home wrote:
Thanks, Djorde. Very clever. A workaround, but still clever. Maybe you should add this to the tip list
I agree 🙂 The subset name is a clever workaround for getting a title to go onto two lines in the title block.

Thanks, Djordje.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is only one flaw with this approach (sorry Djorde, still like the tip). Drawing titles (as least on my setup) is determined through the Master which would then effect all the drawings using that Master. So you have to make sure they are all set up to handle this scenario correctly be they long or short titles. Maybe I'll try to alter my set up to accomidate.

Of course, the wish still remains since it is easier.
Djordje
Ace
virtual-e-home wrote:
Thanks

I try to provide mugs, T Shirts and chairs for you guys ... Link still wants one

It would be rather immodest to post myself anywhere ...
Djordje

HP Omen
Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Added to wishlist
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also like to have PM be able to wrap the text of these autotext elements. I tried using the name of the layout to automatically generate the title, but in almost every case, the title was too long for the space I have available. I would like to be able to place a center-justified text element at a specific width that would force the title to wrap, for example:

FIRST FLOOR REFLECTED CEILING PLAN

depending on the width of the text elelment, would wrap to:

FIRST FLOOR
REFLECTED
CEILING PLAN
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
I would also like to have PM be able to wrap the text of these autotext elements.
Two workarounds:

1. Use Subsets for the first line (e.g. First Floor, whatever)

2. Type the multiline text in some other app, copy, paste into the AutoText field. It will wrap.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
2. Type the multiline text in some other app, copy, paste into the AutoText field. It will wrap.
Great, it didn't work in PM3 !

Do you know the key combination to insert these "carriage return" (such as ALT+0216 = Ø) ?