Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Longer sheet titles needed

Anonymous
Not applicable
One wish I have for PlotMaker 3 is to give it the ability to handle more letters in the layout names (used for sheet titles). The limit seems to be 31 letters which is fine most situations, but when you have long titles for a small house project like "FOUNDATION & 1ST FLOOR FRAMING PLAN", it just doesn't quite fit.
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
2. Type the multiline text in some other app
You can even type it in plotmaker itselfs... in a text box for exemple !
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to get this work (copy and pasting from another app). Has anyone else gotten this to work. Is there some subtle point I am missing? The autotext field is in the 'Book Info' dialog box?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
I would also like to have PM be able to wrap the text of these autotext elements. I tried using the name of the layout to automatically generate the title, but in almost every case, the title was too long for the space I have available. I would like to be able to place a center-justified text element at a specific width that would force the title to wrap, for example:

FIRST FLOOR REFLECTED CEILING PLAN

depending on the width of the text elelment, would wrap to:

FIRST FLOOR
REFLECTED
CEILING PLAN
I solved my own problem. You can insert a return character into any layout name and it will break into two lines in the text object. In my example I changed the layout name to:

FIRST FLOOR¶REFLECTED CEILING
(where ¶ is the return character)

Sure, I had to drop the word PLAN because of the length limitations, but it works well enough for almost all of the situations I have.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This trick with inserting a ¶ symbol does not work with me. I noticed you're on a PC, and I'm on a Mac running OSX. Has anyone out there on a Mac OSX figured out how to get the multi line auto tect to work? This is a real problem for me and I would love a solution!
Djordje
Ace
1505Gough wrote:
This trick with inserting a ¶ symbol does not work with me. I noticed you're on a PC, and I'm on a Mac running OSX. Has anyone out there on a Mac OSX figured out how to get the multi line auto tect to work? This is a real problem for me and I would love a solution!
Try typing the multiline text in PlotMaker itself, then copying and pasting.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Brad Elliott
Booster
I also cannot get this to work on a Mac. Can someone confirm that it works on a Mac? I have tried copying and pasting from Plotmaker and textedit as well as adding the symbol. No luck.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to drag up an old wish, but has this multi-line issue been sorted for Macs? We want our autotext fed layout names to have a hard return in them where we specify, not as normal text wrapping.

How do you put a return into Layout Name (for example) ?

(we tried the "type in text with returns in Layout, copy and paste", but it doesn't work)

Thanks