Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

MARK YOUR VIEWS

gedzior84
Booster
I'm working on a pretty big project, where we have a ton of views, layouts etc.
It is always time consuming to search them through the navigator, and it would be much easier if there would be an option to mark the views which I currently work on (with my Teamwork color for example).
It could be visible just for me. Something like a bookmark or so.

What do you think?
6 REPLIES 6
Miha_M
Advisor
Maybe a dedicated "Work in progress" View Folder could help you?
A bookmark or highlight option could be nice, but that would be just one more thing one would need to keep track of and update all the time. A special work in progress folder does the job for me on larger projects.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You show the Organizer, but on the left, you display the Project Map, not the View Map.
If you display the View Map, at the top you should have a long button that lets you choose between "Public Views" and "My Views".
Check out this image for reference:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=48825&start=10#fancybox-abox241996
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Miha_M
Advisor
LaszloNagy wrote:
If you display the View Map, at the top you should have a long button that lets you choose between "Public Views" and "My Views".
If you work on a Teamwork Project. For standalone projects this is not possible.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

runxel
Legend
There was another wish for the ability to color them like layers in Photoshop.
I think this is essential, especially for big projects.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
gedzior84
Booster
LaszloNagy wrote:
You show the Organizer, but on the left, you display the Project Map, not the View Map.
I think this works only for Teamwork Projects. I'm aware of the 'My Views' tab, but unfortunately this is available for views only, and not for the layouts.
What I mean is to have an ability to mark specific areas in the Project Map / View Map / Layout book with a color code. This option is available on the MacOS when dealing with folders (a coloured dot on the left handside of the folder name). And it helps a lot while navigating through many folders with projects on our server.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, there are already existing wishes about this feature:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=46589
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=70361
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27