Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

MEP - MVO option to show only axis (and others)

Karel Landa
Booster

Hi everyone

I would like to have an option to show only axis of the MEP elements for certain views. I think it would be great if there was a button in MVO to check if there is only axis shown or axis and element boundaries or boundaries only for MEP routes in 2D (floorpans) and in 3D (axonometric views)
The main reason is when creating a site drawing where all technical infrastructure is shown, I want to see only axis of the routes without its boundaries which are in scale 1:200 or higher unimportant.
Another could be for schematic representation of routes in axonometric views connected to MEP elements.

Best regards
Karel

5 REPLIES 5
Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Karel,

Thanks for the suggestion! I have some clarification questions for you:

1. Does this only needed for you for documentation purposes? I mean for having a drawing in the end where the MEP pipes and ducts are only represented with centerlines. Or is there any aspect of this required for modeling?
  2. Is there a need also to be able to dimension these centerlines associatively to building elements?
  3. By "element boundaries" boundaries do you mean that for e.g. an equipment only a box should be shown?
  4. By the schematic representation in axonometry do you mean the same? Having polylines instead of ducts and pipes?
Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft

Hi Balint,

thank you for reaching to me with these questions.

1. Yes, this is only for purposes to correctly show the final drawing only with centerlines. 
2. I`m not sure if I understand this question correctly, could you elaborate it more?
3. This was probably just my quick solution how to describe the MEP elements and their geometry (e.g. duct has a centreline and then it has its own width/height showing its real dimensions--> boundaries).
4. Yes. Basically the same as for the floorplan. For small houses it is OK to have visible detailed MEP route elements but in residential building or large areas it would be nice to have only centerlines so there is less lines in final export and it is more visually clear(pdf. dwg etc) --> MVO to be able to show only centreline or centreline with real geometry or only geometry for 3D as well as in floorplan (basically what we can already set for beams in floorplans)

Best regards
Karel

Hi Karel,

Thanks for the quick feedback!

My second question was a dimensioning question. Maybe I can ask it better with two questions: 

• Do you also add dimension to these elements? Showing the distance of these MEP elements from architectural elements like walls, columns, etc.
  • Do you need these dimensions to be moving if the MEP elements are moved, or are you only dimensioning them for final drawings?

Otherwise I understand the need for this and thanks for taking the time to write it up. I have added this to our wish management system and will investigate it a bit further.

Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft

Hi Balint,

if you mean dimension of the duct/pipe, I'm okay with MEP label designed for that, but I'm still a bit confused. I just tried to add dimension in floorplan and it works now as I expect --> if I add anchor to the MEP element note (typo? - node? - moderator), the dimension is associative a it moves with it.

Otherwise thank for info and I hope it will be as a new feature in one of the future version.

Yes, that is the functionality what I thought of.

I'm happy that you are satisfied with both the MEP label and the dimension associativity functions in Archicad.

Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft