BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

MODIFY THE RIGHT CLICK PALETTE

Anonymous
Not applicable
IN FORUM, I SEE THAT MANY USERS WANT TO MODIFY THE RIGHT CLICK PALETTE

LET'S VOTE

right click.JPG
9 REPLIES 9
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
You could do it simply switching 0 to 1 in registry (regedit.exe) in ShowContextMenuTabPage.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank alot, I change it .
but
I add "trim to roof" in Work Env. I can not see " trim to roof" comand in the palette. and why it is hidden in regedit. It is not a big secret, it is only a palette.
Electric Flute
Booster
Rafal wrote:
You could do it simply switching 0 to 1 in registry (regedit.exe) in ShowContextMenuTabPage.
Unfortunately not in AC10. See about it HERE
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Unfortunately not in AC10.
Yes, You are right - I've check it in my AC10 POL and INT version (987).
After switching in registry, Context menu is shown in WE but with wrong commands.
But it is rather a Bug than a Wish
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Electric Flute
Booster
Yep and guess what, I hate the new context menu for selected parts to move, rotate and mirror.
Now it's a 3 click command. Not practical at all.

Graphisoft, please fix this ASAP
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Not practical, happily I use only shortcuts for this for years...
GAG
Advocate
agree with Rafal SLEK
better use shortcuts
context menu isn't work speedup, context menu - best way for newbie, when it can select command and see (and remember) it's shortcut
Ctrl-D,Ctrl-U etc...
George
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
I'm a shortcut user too, but I do think putting things into sub-menus in the context menu was a mistake. I notice that a lot of new & casual users rely on that menu for the most frequently used commands. Overall Graphisoft went way overboard with sub-menus when designing the default command layout for ArchiCAD 10. I think it's much faster, and less prone to mousing errors, to have long menus rather than sub-menus. A lot of us spent (far too much) time rearranging the menus to be more agreeable. Another benefit of single long menus is to quickly remind the user of hard to remember KB shortcuts. For the life of me I can never remember Split
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
For the life of me I can never remember Split
Split, adjust and intersect for some reason didn't have shortcuts for a long time. Now that we have single key shortcuts I assign them to backslash, equal, and the letter i respectively.
Learn and get certified!