Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

MORPH TOOL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ...
I've tested morph tool in some ways.. for modeling different objects or different part of building ... I wish this feature could be more better ...
I count Morph tool as a NURBS modeler , I think this would be better if Morph tool has it's own environment like Curtain wall in which morph can handle more command in separate environment. More& user friendly command like : LOFT command , Weld NODE , SHELL command ( define thickness for morph) and many other useful one ...
I think NURBS command can not be supported just in a pet palette which reduce its options when we make our curve surfaces ...

and at last I'm really happy about morph but I really eager to have a more complete tool
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, Graphisoft, have a look at Moi3D, please. All the nurbs commands in one, single, simple, palette.
Anonymous
Not applicable
+1 for Morph with NURBS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Vote up!
Podolsky
Ace
GDL does support NURBS geometry, so potentially it is possible for any third part developer to write the library of NURBS based primitives, that will do additional job.

The beauty of Morph is that it is simple, I might say primitive - like Sketchup, but precise as linework and can be used everywhere - in plan, in sections, in 3d window. I'm not sure is it necessary to make things more complex.
There are many things that morph can adopt - for example change subdivision (re-mesh), decimate, edit UV mask - there are plenty of different functions and commands in typical 3d modellers that does not exist in ArchiCAD. But is all of that needed? For more complex geometry you always can use external modeller. For example Blender - it's totally free.
Nader Belal
Mentor
I do not support this request by any measure nor for the time being nor in the foreseeable future for the following reasons:

1. 99.9% of all buildings being modelled in CAD or BIM can be done quiet fine with Meshes (in your case it's the Morph tool), and the rest Nurbs can become a necessity for practical reasons.
2. Nurbs from a computer processing view would add an exponential high load on the computer resources.
3. What you're asking be be solved by 2 ways ...

3.a. You create the Morph model in a separate ArchiCAD file.
3.b. You use a computer clay sculpting program that can export the result to ArchiCAD.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Podolsky wrote:
GDL does support NURBS geometry...

This statement is not entirely accurate.
Check Page 150 in the GDL Reference Guide. A few versions ago support for NURBS primitives was implemented in GDL as you will see from the dozen or so GDL commands.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Podolsky
Ace
Laszlo, 'does support' means 'yes, it does support'.

What the strange day is today. Maybe people are overexcited waiting for new version (when it comes, after tomorrow?)...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Podolsky wrote:
Laszlo, 'does support' means 'yes, it does support'.

Can you clarify that? I do not fully understand what you mean.
You can create NURBS curves, surfaces, and bodies using those commands in GDL, as far as I know.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Podolsky
Ace
This is what I did mean. GDL does support NURBS - means it works with NURBS. Guys, please - we cannot stop to understand English. Otherwise I will write here in Hebrew.