Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

MORPH TOOL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ...
I've tested morph tool in some ways.. for modeling different objects or different part of building ... I wish this feature could be more better ...
I count Morph tool as a NURBS modeler , I think this would be better if Morph tool has it's own environment like Curtain wall in which morph can handle more command in separate environment. More& user friendly command like : LOFT command , Weld NODE , SHELL command ( define thickness for morph) and many other useful one ...
I think NURBS command can not be supported just in a pet palette which reduce its options when we make our curve surfaces ...

and at last I'm really happy about morph but I really eager to have a more complete tool
13 REPLIES 13
runxel
Legend
LaszloNagy wrote:
Podolsky wrote:
GDL does support NURBS geometry...
This statement is not entirely accurate.
... and then you go on with saying that, in fact, the statement was entirely accurate!

Well. Happy release day or so!
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
What i would improve at the Morph-Tool:

A command to:

- make volumes out of lines, polygons, curves and so on.. - cylindric or rectangled or profiled with all necessary connections at corners. (to get profiled grids direct out of morhline-grids)

- let gravity work on Morph-surfaces like on the Terrain-Tool in 3D and also in 2D

- connecting morph-shapes half-automaticly with welding-edges if i want that for the next steps.

- linetypes and color-penwith. for 3D-Morphlines

- direct hatching faces with the same hatches like from 2d without the need of buildingmaterials - analog to the texture-command.

- some kind of transfer from morph to normal drawing-element: If the shape geometrically allows it - make a wall out of a morph or a roof or a pillar - the opposite of the existing command to make a morph out of any other element - ore some kind of helping workflow to do this.

- a similar simple and easy way to raise single points just in "z"like it is workflow in the terrain-tool

- a direct way of transforming 2D-Elements into morphs - for example - you have a 2D-drawing in lines, hatches or what else and want it to display it in the 3d - just mark it, rightklick and make morphlines out of it or hatches to morph-faces. Its possible now in several ways but they are all complex workarounds
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
runxel wrote:
LaszloNagy wrote:
Podolsky wrote:
GDL does support NURBS geometry...
This statement is not entirely accurate.
... and then you go on with saying that, in fact, the statement was entirely accurate!

Well. Happy release day or so!

Guys, sorry, I cannot believe I misread that.
I thought Podolsky wrote "DOES NOT".
But now I am reading it again, and it says "DOES".
Sorry about the mess.
So yes, we agree, GDL DOES support NURBS.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
jl_lt
Ace
Hmooslechner wrote:
What i would improve at the Morph-Tool:

A command to:

- make volumes out of lines, polygons, curves and so on.. - cylindric or rectangled or profiled with all necessary connections at corners. (to get profiled grids direct out of morhline-grids)

- let gravity work on Morph-surfaces like on the Terrain-Tool in 3D and also in 2D

- connecting morph-shapes half-automaticly with welding-edges if i want that for the next steps.

- linetypes and color-penwith. for 3D-Morphlines

- direct hatching faces with the same hatches like from 2d without the need of buildingmaterials - analog to the texture-command.

- some kind of transfer from morph to normal drawing-element: If the shape geometrically allows it - make a wall out of a morph or a roof or a pillar - the opposite of the existing command to make a morph out of any other element - ore some kind of helping workflow to do this.

- a similar simple and easy way to raise single points just in "z"like it is workflow in the terrain-tool

- a direct way of transforming 2D-Elements into morphs - for example - you have a 2D-drawing in lines, hatches or what else and want it to display it in the 3d - just mark it, rightklick and make morphlines out of it or hatches to morph-faces. Its possible now in several ways but they are all complex workarounds
All of this! especially getting editable native elements out of morphs: slanted walls and specially salomonic columns (for the anoying days in which i have to built yet another renaissance Cathedral )