Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MORPH TOOL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ...
I've tested morph tool in some ways.. for modeling different objects or different part of building ... I wish this feature could be more better ...
I count Morph tool as a NURBS modeler , I think this would be better if Morph tool has it's own environment like Curtain wall in which morph can handle more command in separate environment. More& user friendly command like : LOFT command , Weld NODE , SHELL command ( define thickness for morph) and many other useful one ...
I think NURBS command can not be supported just in a pet palette which reduce its options when we make our curve surfaces ...

and at last I'm really happy about morph but I really eager to have a more complete tool
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, Graphisoft, have a look at Moi3D, please. All the nurbs commands in one, single, simple, palette.

Anonymous
Not applicable
+1 for Morph with NURBS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vote up!

Podolsky
Mentor
GDL does support NURBS geometry, so potentially it is possible for any third part developer to write the library of NURBS based primitives, that will do additional job.

The beauty of Morph is that it is simple, I might say primitive - like Sketchup, but precise as linework and can be used everywhere - in plan, in sections, in 3d window. I'm not sure is it necessary to make things more complex.
There are many things that morph can adopt - for example change subdivision (re-mesh), decimate, edit UV mask - there are plenty of different functions and commands in typical 3d modellers that does not exist in ArchiCAD. But is all of that needed? For more complex geometry you always can use external modeller. For example Blender - it's totally free.

Nader Belal
Mentor
I do not support this request by any measure nor for the time being nor in the foreseeable future for the following reasons:

1. 99.9% of all buildings being modelled in CAD or BIM can be done quiet fine with Meshes (in your case it's the Morph tool), and the rest Nurbs can become a necessity for practical reasons.
2. Nurbs from a computer processing view would add an exponential high load on the computer resources.
3. What you're asking be be solved by 2 ways ...

3.a. You create the Morph model in a separate ArchiCAD file.
3.b. You use a computer clay sculpting program that can export the result to ArchiCAD.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Podolsky wrote:
GDL does support NURBS geometry...

This statement is not entirely accurate.
Check Page 150 in the GDL Reference Guide. A few versions ago support for NURBS primitives was implemented in GDL as you will see from the dozen or so GDL commands.
....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Podolsky
Mentor
Laszlo, 'does support' means 'yes, it does support'.

What the strange day is today. Maybe people are overexcited waiting for new version (when it comes, after tomorrow?)...

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Podolsky wrote:
Laszlo, 'does support' means 'yes, it does support'.

Can you clarify that? I do not fully understand what you mean.
You can create NURBS curves, surfaces, and bodies using those commands in GDL, as far as I know.
....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Podolsky
Mentor
This is what I did mean. GDL does support NURBS - means it works with NURBS. Guys, please - we cannot stop to understand English. Otherwise I will write here in Hebrew.

runxel
Ace
LaszloNagy wrote:
Podolsky wrote:
GDL does support NURBS geometry...
This statement is not entirely accurate.
... and then you go on with saying that, in fact, the statement was entirely accurate!

Well. Happy release day or so!
AC 24 [ger] | Win 10 | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Hmooslechner
Advisor
What i would improve at the Morph-Tool:

A command to:

- make volumes out of lines, polygons, curves and so on.. - cylindric or rectangled or profiled with all necessary connections at corners. (to get profiled grids direct out of morhline-grids)

- let gravity work on Morph-surfaces like on the Terrain-Tool in 3D and also in 2D

- connecting morph-shapes half-automaticly with welding-edges if i want that for the next steps.

- linetypes and color-penwith. for 3D-Morphlines

- direct hatching faces with the same hatches like from 2d without the need of buildingmaterials - analog to the texture-command.

- some kind of transfer from morph to normal drawing-element: If the shape geometrically allows it - make a wall out of a morph or a roof or a pillar - the opposite of the existing command to make a morph out of any other element - ore some kind of helping workflow to do this.

- a similar simple and easy way to raise single points just in "z"like it is workflow in the terrain-tool

- a direct way of transforming 2D-Elements into morphs - for example - you have a 2D-drawing in lines, hatches or what else and want it to display it in the 3d - just mark it, rightklick and make morphlines out of it or hatches to morph-faces. Its possible now in several ways but they are all complex workarounds
AC5.5-AC25EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
runxel wrote:
LaszloNagy wrote:
Podolsky wrote:
GDL does support NURBS geometry...
This statement is not entirely accurate.
... and then you go on with saying that, in fact, the statement was entirely accurate!

Well. Happy release day or so!


Guys, sorry, I cannot believe I misread that.
I thought Podolsky wrote "DOES NOT".
But now I am reading it again, and it says "DOES".
Sorry about the mess.
So yes, we agree, GDL DOES support NURBS.
....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

jl_lt
Expert
Hmooslechner wrote:
What i would improve at the Morph-Tool:

A command to:

- make volumes out of lines, polygons, curves and so on.. - cylindric or rectangled or profiled with all necessary connections at corners. (to get profiled grids direct out of morhline-grids)

- let gravity work on Morph-surfaces like on the Terrain-Tool in 3D and also in 2D

- connecting morph-shapes half-automaticly with welding-edges if i want that for the next steps.

- linetypes and color-penwith. for 3D-Morphlines

- direct hatching faces with the same hatches like from 2d without the need of buildingmaterials - analog to the texture-command.

- some kind of transfer from morph to normal drawing-element: If the shape geometrically allows it - make a wall out of a morph or a roof or a pillar - the opposite of the existing command to make a morph out of any other element - ore some kind of helping workflow to do this.

- a similar simple and easy way to raise single points just in "z"like it is workflow in the terrain-tool

- a direct way of transforming 2D-Elements into morphs - for example - you have a 2D-drawing in lines, hatches or what else and want it to display it in the 3d - just mark it, rightklick and make morphlines out of it or hatches to morph-faces. Its possible now in several ways but they are all complex workarounds
All of this! especially getting editable native elements out of morphs: slanted walls and specially salomonic columns (for the anoying days in which i have to built yet another renaissance Cathedral )

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!