BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Magnifying Glass

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a good idea (suggestion) for the Archicad interface that I know would save me 100 zoom ins and outs a day.
A magnifying glass you can move around the worksheet that would allow you to have the precision of being zoomed in to a local area without actually having to zoom. Especially when I'm dimensioning and have to zoom in on each composite wall so the structures I don't want dimensioned won't be included. I tried downloading a bitmap magnifier but of course the resolution isn't good.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
This should be activated by holding down one key or a very simple key combo (like CMD+SPACE)
Karl Ottenstein
Would this be that much more efficient than simply using the navigator preview window? (I just spin my mouse wheel (or ctrl-/ zoom) and then drag the little viewport around in the navigator preview window - which behaves pretty much like a magnifying glass when I'm checking various spot points in the plan... then zoom out when done.) Particularly if you have a second monitor, make the navigator preview window reasonably large and I think you have what you're asking for?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!