Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Make Louvre Panel Available for Doors

Please please please can we have the Louvre panel made available for Doors the same as for Windows. I know I can make a custom panel but surely it's fairly straightforward to add this as an option to doors the same for windows. We often need it to define a pant room or other service space door.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

Given how they are scripted, this is not quite as easy as it seems as the door panels are a single macro, which I believe use quite a few parameters that are different from those found in windows... 

I ended up making my own louvred panel that I duplicate each time I need it that works well enough...

Lingwisyer_0-1653988964454.png

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
ryejuan
Advisor

hopefully they incorporate sounds simple enough but coding it might be way complicated. 😅

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Lingwisyer
Guru

If they were to update doors and / or windows, my hope is that they would allow the pass though of parameters to custom panels / parts as well as a few extra for custom usage.

I did make a relate wish for this a few years ago, though there was no comment from GS and wishes seem kind of dead on this forum...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-11980)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT