BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Make a couple (maybe 4) doors and windows that will work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make a couple (maybe 4) doors and windows that will work instead of the 1,500 that all don't work for basic doors and windows

I want 1 door that can be single or double, can have sidelites or not, can have the left sidelite turned on and the right one turned off, can have the transom on or off. I want 1 window that can be a one fixed window or 3 or 2 or 5 fixed windows together, can have a transom above it or not.

One door and one window that is flexible enough to give you the basic door and window. Nothing fancy - no fancy weird shapes.

I want it so that I don't have to reset the door marker, I don't have to go try this door object and then or no that dowsn't work, and then try 14 other doors that never really give you what you want.

I want simple and flexible.. nothing fancy. It should be in Archicad. I shouldn't have to buy another object that is so basic.

Thanks,
Michele
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Amen... Essential!
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Sounds like Door & Window Builder. And yes, we shouldn't have to pay extra for it-it should be part of the AC library.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
They should also be accessible through only one tool - the "opening" tool.
Wether it's a door or window or just a hole in the wall they are all just "openings" (filled or not).
Two separate tools is silly.
And yes i know this has been mentioned before. Many moons ago.
For something so basic & essential it is ridiculous that it doesn't exist in the standard GS library.
Learn and get certified!