Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Make faster changes to the material of windows and doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it would be nice to being able to quickly change all the materials of windows and doors from wood material to for example a white window. (Offcourse the glass should be glassmaterial as default.)

I mostly use windows and doors in white color (99%) of the time.

So therefor little frustrating to haft to change the windows materials every time I haft to make a new window I don't haft in my favorites.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a material called "Windows" (or something obvious) and change the properties of the material rather than changing the material assigned to the window elements.
Solution is there for some time...
part of Cigraph Archisuite called Archimaterial.
Best regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
should be part of archicad and not a plugin
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can globally change the window materials reasonably quickly using a two step process.

- In 3d window use 'Find and Select' with 'Element type' set to 'window', and 'Name' set to the name of the window to select all the windows in one go.

- Open the Settings dialog, then switch to the parameters list (rather than the graphical interface), open the 'Materials' menu, and change the materials used. This will update all the windows selected to the new materials.
mallehk wrote:
So therefor little frustrating to haft to change the windows materials every time I haft to make a new window I don't haft in my favorites.
Why not use one of the existing favorite windows as the basis of the new window, then save it as new favorite?