Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Make other geometry methods consistent with that of openings

The geometry definition method of other tools such as slab, fill, etc. need to be made consistent with that of openings.

How element geometry is defined is significant. When defining something as a rectangle I expect it to be a rectangle - having two perpendicular lengths. This is how it works for openings but for other tools using the rectangular geometry method has no significance beyond the moment of input. 

Apart from not being able to quickly redefine these elements numerically or saving them as favorites there is also the risk of supposed rectangles getting skewed by moved nodes without any easy way to check it. Any such movement of a node of a rectangular opening will change it to polygonal indicating that it is no longer is constrained. 

Then there is some other inconsistencies/unclarities to fix:

Firstly, what is called geometry method for slab, mesh, morph, fill and polyline is called construction method for roof and zone and shape for opening.

Secondly, in the info box for a selected slab, roof, mesh, morph and fill will show the geometry method currently selected by the tool default with the possibility to change it but for polyline the geometry method is greyed out (which is correct as it doesn't have any effect on the selected element). Redundant if made consistent with openings.

1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing this great idea!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-11967). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT