Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Manual hotlink check

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

We got some really heavy MEP and HVAC .mod files that we hotlink into our model and every time I open the Hotlink manager it starts running a check to see wether there has been any changes. This check takes ages (a few minutes) and it's not even possible to cancel it.

It would be a huge time saver if it would be possible to decide manually what model should be checked.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
ESSENTIAL!!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does this help?:

In the Work Environment Dialog, go to the Data Safety page.
Under Data Integrity, check the Hotlink Update field. Try to set it to the "Ignore Hotlinks" option. But then it will be your responsibility to update them.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but it only helps to avoid the prompt to update modules - for me the problem is the time taken for the HLM manager to scan through the modules placed in the file and only then give you the option of updating them. If you've got 30 or 40 modules in a file this can take quite some time, which is time wasted if you're only wanting to update a single module. A great option would be the ability to select a hotlink module, right click and update the selected module (obviously this would affect all instances of the given module)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I think you are right, an "Update selected Hotlink(s)" command would be very useful on the context menu.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another requirement would be the ability to reserve the Hotlink Manager without opening it. At the moment (unless I'm doing something wrong) if I want to place a *new* module in a Teamwork file, I have to open the Hotlink Manager, then wait for it to finish checking modules, then reserve it, then wait for it to finish checking modules AGAIN, then I can go back to the floor plan to place the module. This is somewhat torturous...
Anonymous
Not applicable
And if you need to re-link a hotlinked module and haven't reserved all instances, ArchiCAD asks if you want to reserve all instances, and then when one clicks Reserve all instances, the HLM manager closes during the reserve process and then you have to open it again and wait for it to finish checking modules AGAIN