Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Marked Distance Areas to Internal Elevations

Liamthanks
Booster
I tried searching the forum and couldn't find see this wish already being requested.

How is this not a thing yet? Being able to fade out portions of a room that are not directly relevant to the view but are good for context seems like such a basic function that should be included, considering it is already in the section tool? Currently using a 75% fill over the areas as a work-around at the moment but a pain as it needs to be manually modified if anything changes.

What is everyone else's thoughts?
AC24 Build 7000 AUS - Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon 5700 XT, M.2 NVME 0.5TB SSD, 32GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Liamthanks wrote:
What is everyone else's thoughts?

When the internal elevation became a tool many versions ago, there were bugs with them, so I kept on using sections.
I'm still using sections now.
They work as you would expect - the only down side is they are not grouped like the internal elevations can be.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Liamthanks
Booster
Yeah a lot of builders I have worked for have done the same thing so I've had exposure to both, but personally like the internal elevations tool.
AC24 Build 7000 AUS - Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon 5700 XT, M.2 NVME 0.5TB SSD, 32GB RAM