Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Markers Renovation Status

Christinne_Martinez
Contributor

It would be great to be able to apply a renovation status to elevations, sections, details, etc.

35 REPLIES 35

You can set the view to show a specific renovation filter.

But you mean the markers themselves?

Yup! Cause the marker that references a "New" elevation appears in my "Demolition" floor plan. Layers can be used as a workaround, but it'd be great if that wasn't necessary because the model gets messy.

ryejuan
Advisor

Yeah it would be nice for those who are heavily using Archicad for renovation projects. The model spaces tends to get messy once you have the old markers vs the new markers (elevations, sections, etc) but the workaround like you mentioned would be using layers for it. 😅 

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

I trying to write some code but unfortunately what I do know does not get referenced specifically by the marker since it can't be selected as a specific filter I was able to do it with some of my other objects but unfortunately the markers are bound more in depth and I currently understand I do also wish that this was a constant as well as even renovation filters per each demolition or new construction but that's already been added to a wish list by other respectable users

Appreciate your response. 😎 It's great you can do your own coding. I can imagine tons of customization. 😁

ArchiCAD 9 onwards
runxel
Legend

What does it mean to demolish an elevation? 😂

Sorry but this just makes no sense.

I do wish to have folders in the project map.

For display? Just use layers.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

different people have different workflow maybe to others doesn't make sense. yes layers can be assigned to end up you'll have of things to manage like layer combinations, naming, etc. like for example adding folders in project map, why? You have the view map for that purpose. 😆

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

80 percent of my objects are made by me. doors windows, cabinets shelving, built its, my autolabel, wall framing exterior coverings.  learning gdl taught me more about how to use archicads tools than any training or documentation.

if you ever need anything let me know, i either have something similar or if i have a few minutes i love to code new items.

No. This would be detrimental to the ability to have one Viewpoint as a source for multiple Views with different Renovation Filters.

I think that there is some merit to a wish for the ability to tie visibility control of Viewpoint markers to Renovation Filters. But I think it would have to be through the Show on Renovation Filter function and that it has to be enhanced to multiple filters.