Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Markers Renovation Status

Christinne_Martinez
Contributor

It would be great to be able to apply a renovation status to elevations, sections, details, etc.

35 REPLIES 35

I'm not a fan of layers - I simply point to the problem with assigning Renovation Status to markers. I think the problem is such that the wish - as formulated - has no chance of being acknowledged by GS. But I do see some merit to the wish (it prompted this) so I suggest a reformulation either in terms of Renovation Filters (as explained earlier) or without a specific solution, just explaining the need.

dcerezo
Advocate

It is true that GS will more than likely not do anything about this, but all I'm saying is this: Dimension strings can have a renovation status applied to them. Labels can have a renovation status applied to them. Why not markers? A guy can dream right? 🙂

ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
ryejuan
Advisor

Maybe I haven't really encounter that level where you would need to demolish a marker when I was about to do it basically it would be in the same location and I would like to show the existing, demo and new elements in the same location then why would I create a new marker... 🤔

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Barry Kelly

I started to post a reply as I was thinking through the problem.

But it was just going on and on as I worked through it.

Basically it came down to the fact you would need 3 separate section/elevation makers, one for each renovation status.

Just as you have 3 separate walls for existing, new and to be demolished - it is not the same single wall.

So you would have 3 separate markers, with the same name and ID, that can be referenced to the correct layout page.

Or as others have suggested, one real marker and 2 linked markers.

Then we have the problem that the reno filters can show/hide or override elements based on the filter settings.

The same would happen to the markers, they would show. hide or override.

So when you are showing both the existing and new construction for your complete plan, you will see both existing and new markers.

This will be confusing.

That is probably why this has not been solved.

So creating 3 layers and 3 plan layer combinations existing. new and to be demolished, may be the best option.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

For the walls and other elements I understand that you would have 3 (exisitng, demo and new) but for the markers you would be showing this 3 elements (existing, demo and new) in one view right? Then it will be a matter of Reno Filter & GO control. 🤔

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards