BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Markers Renovation Status

Christinne_Martinez
Contributor

It would be great to be able to apply a renovation status to elevations, sections, details, etc.

35 REPLIES 35
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You can create a Graphic Override Rule for the Lines of Grid elements to be overridden to a Black pen. If you apply it, the explicit override for the grid element will be stronger than the override coming from the Renovation Status and all your Grid Elements will become black.

OverrideGridElementsToBlack.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thanks Laszlo! 😎

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Hi Laszlo, I have tried your suggestions using Graphic Overrides it worked but am using several grids to correspond with boundary line and set back lines (for me to save time, i used that on plans to automatically show in sections and elevs) screenshot below is the planned status which how the grids (including the boundary which is in red and setback line which is in blue) should look likes.

ryejuan_0-1646195920234.png

but submission wise i should activate the new construction renovation filter.

ryejuan_1-1646196201642.png

i have set the necessary element id in the grids so it won't make any confusion manage to make it work on plan but when i go to section or elevation it gives me this representation with the grids. Any idea how i can solve this? thanks! 🤓

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
dcerezo
Advocate

I'd like to revisit this discussion because I think there is a disconnect to what is being asked by the OP and the responses. I have the same problem that the OP has. I do lots of renovations and there are areas of rooms where we are demolishing only a portion of this or a portion of that. So, the best way to show that is in an elevation let's say. So I place an interior elevation marker. That marker references a view, which I set to to the Demolition phase. Great...the GC can see a demo plan, a marker, and a demo elevation. This is where it gets problematic.

Now I draw a new plan with the changes. I want to have another interior elevation of that wall that shows the new work. So I have to drop another marker (because the other one is on a Demo  Layout and I can't use it for the new view). Now I have two markers in the same room, pointing at the same wall. 

The overall response (if I follow) is - create a layer for demo markers and one for new work. Well, the OP suggested, and I agree, that it would be much easier if we could set markers to "Existing" "Demo" and "New". Then I don't have multiple layers and the renovation settings could handle it all.

Does that make sense?

ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma

That would force us to create multiple identical viewpoints (as we can't have multiple markers for one Viewpoint) every time we want to have the same view of multiple renovation filters.

So assigning Renovation Status to Viewpoint markers wont work out smoothly. One possible solution is the ability set Show on Renovation Filter for markers.

Yup! That’s exactly what I mean.

Ok, that could work too. The point is....is creating a layer the best way to control what should be shown for Existing, Demo, and New? Shouldn't it (and by that I mean whatever the heck I want) be controlled by the Renovation Filter instead? Seems like a more natural fit to me..

ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma

You could create a linked marker and alter the Renovation Status on that marker to control what plans it’s visible on (Demo Plan, Proposed Plan, etc.).

Or maybe a view for each Renovation Filter. That doesn't seem too terrible to me.

But what about the number of the view and the layout #. If I have a Layout, let's say, A4...that is just for demo information and this view is 3/A4. Then I have a Layout, say A5...that shows the same elevation but with new construction and that is 5/A5....what does the marker show? See what I mean?

I’m OP, by the way. I just signed in with an old account by mistake.

3/A4 marker can be a Source Marker set to display the info of the Elevation/Section view with the Demo Renovation status. 5/A5 can be a Linked Marker displaying the info of the Elevation Section with New Construction renovation filter. You can already do this.

If RS was available for markers that would solve the issue of what markers are displayed in which plans, instead of having to resort to layers.  

Learn and get certified!