Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Marquee Tool Improvement

Dwight
Newcomer
Mr Badcock suggested that the marquee should be filtered- selective in the elements it operates on, not just all of them..... say what?

Please list some other marquee suggestions...
Dwight Atkinson
11 REPLIES 11
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Thanks Dwight, I'm sure I mentioned this wish ages ago. Oh well, always good to bring things up again

My other wish is to include the "Inside/Outside Marquee" effect to actually be incorporated in the marquee tool not being in the obscure place it is now - not that it's that obscure "Show Elements in 3D" but still is should be in the tool.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Dwight
Newcomer
Sorry if I jumped the gun.

Looks like the marquee choice is still buried in Archi9.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Now that I have studies your swell website - Archicaddidas- I see that you've done a great job on the marquee issue already...

But I thought Nikes were the big sneaker these days.
Dwight Atkinson
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dwight wrote:
Now that I have studies your swell website - Archicaddidas- I see that you've done a great job on the marquee issue already...

But I thought Nikes were the big sneaker these days.
Huh, did I miss something, nikes? lol

And thanks Dwight

EDIT: OK, I get it now. "ARCHICaddidas"
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Dwight
Newcomer
Just a joke to cover the vacant desapir of turning fifty.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
Mr Badcock suggested that the marquee should be filtered- selective in the elements it operates on, not just all of them..... say what?
James,

To understand your wish better... let's look at the workaround, since you mentioned it relative to stretching and wanting to stretch slabs only. Right now, you can do a number of things such as'

(1) turn all except slabs off, then stretch, or

(2) use Find & Select to select all inside the marquee, lock these elements [Tools menu, but via shortcut key for speed presumably], change F&S to select just slabs inside the marquee (or use slab tool to select all slabs), unlock them, then stretch. Finally, Tools | Unlock All, or

(3) use layer locks (possibly part of layer combos) to prevent elements on certain layers from being affected

Visibility and locking provide such general power, that I wonder (honestly) what shortcuts there could be to provide filtered stretching ... or what other uses you (and others) my envision for a filtered marquee.

I suppose I would find it easier if the stretch command would just honor a selection within the marquee ... so that if some elements are selected, then only they will be stretched. Eliminates locking, and makes the whole thing visual... and we could either select manually, or with the aid of F&S.

Hmmm.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
Just a joke to cover the vacant desapir of turning fifty.
Ah, but alas, you have until Wednesday, so enjoy your last days as a 40-something, youngster! 😉

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
I'm strongly in favor of James' other wishes ... from the offset thread ... that I've seen echoed many times over the years: that the marquee tool behave like any other polygon tool, so that we can stretch edges, add points, and more.

Karl
Dwight
Newcomer
And so it goes.

Are you getting a little ahead because of your vacation?
Dwight Atkinson