Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Massing tool- early design tool

Aussie John
Newcomer
A week point of Archicad (I have felt ) is the ability to quicky form building masses for early design studies, particularly roof forms,
or something for showing existing site ar adjoining buildings in block form.

How about a tool that does that or is the terrain tool good enough to quickly mass up a quick gable roof? I dont think so. A superior terrain tool could work.

-a slab/terrain type tool that mimics a perimeter wall/base slab
-have vertical faces apart from just the perimeter (for pitched roofs)
-draggable edges like a slab or fill
-Magic wand it into the usual primative elements

I guess what I am getting at is a tool that does it all (albiet simply) so one adjustment does many changes.

(I personnal find the terrain tool can be difficult to edit particularly if there are a lot of points since there is no feedback as to which points have been edited or not- but that is another issue)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
3 REPLIES 3
LiHigh
Newcomer
Sorry, I've to go against your wish.
Things that u want to do, IMHO, can be accomplished easily with slab and Roof........... Or u can get Sketchup!
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Djordje
Ace
Aussie wrote:
A week point of Archicad (I have felt ) is the ability to quicky form building masses for early design studies,
Get Sketchup.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The mesh (terrain) tool already works pretty well as long as you don't have complex roofs. I've used it to good effect for master planning for simple existing buildings (grey boxes with simple gables or hips), multiple single residences, and blocking out the big feature commercial buildings. The fact that they massings are not very detailed can be an advantage.