BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Material settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to have ability to use some of lightworks flat shader in openGL view (like bricks, stripes and so on) Just because getting almost same look in lw render that I've got in opengl.
I can't se why we should have 3 different type of 3d view renders and they don't match each other settings.

Even use vectorial shading in openGL view
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
I see that you have made this an official wish, but I am afraid that OpenGL cannot reference LightWorks shader data because that capacity is currently beyond the OpenGL language. You can see that Graphisoft has only partially implemented the OpenGL language in Archicad since the OpenGL language can support shadow casting, yet we do not have it.

All is not lost, however: to use the LightWorks shaders in OpenGL, render a flat view of the shader and use that image as your texture map for internal and OpenGL views. Time consuming but not impossible.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
All is not lost, however: to use the LightWorks shaders in OpenGL, render a flat view of the shader and use that image as your texture map for internal and OpenGL views. Time consuming but not impossible.
I've done that on some projects, but like you said, time consuming.

I'm not totally agree with that OpenGL can't do that! Maybe GS implementation of OpenGL can't doit. But ofcause OpenGL could do same things like DirectX or XNA but. You don't really need this kind of libraries at all, you could do it all by yourself, but i takes more time

But, one step further, make a complete new 3d / photorender section than and cut off todays 3d section?
Dwight
Newcomer
TurboGlider wrote:
I'm not totally agree with that OpenGL can't do that!
Please show me one place in the literature where anything below OpenGL 3.0 due in 2008 addresses shader languages at all in lieu of texture mapping.

THEN show me one place where you think the proprietary LightWorks shaders licensed to Graphisoft could be accessed by OpenGL definitions.

You might start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Even if you use OpenGL, you can make own functions that support this kind of things, it's what gameindustry have done in years, that's what I meant in my prev post. But in the end it's all about money.

Sometimes old things is meant to be thrown deep in the forest and new things should be born. I think ArchiCad's 3d world is one of them.

(I hate that my english falls sometimes that make you other people not understand me)
Learn and get certified!