Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Merging Walls in 3D

ArchiCAD_archi_archi
Contributor

A seam is showing from two levels of the same wall. Struggling to merge them into one mass.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @ArchiCAD_archi_archi , I see you need to delete these two short walls and split the above walls at the desired section then stretch height to down, don’t forget to make the wall seen in all relevant stories in show on sotries in floor plan and section settings, I think this is the only way.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you split the above Walls at the position where the brown and white Walls join, that should also result in the vertical connections of Walls resolving. So, in the basement, two Walls join, a brown and a white. Make sure there are two similar Walls above them, joining at the same point. Also, make sure that the exterior surfaces of all these Wall are in the same vertical plane. Such visual artifacts can result from incorrect modeling as well.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hi @Mr Laszlo Nagy, i got your point of view and you are right my solution will result again a vertical dotted line so here’s is something about 3D style if you notice it’s Basic (Vectorial) not Detailed Shading that’s the reason behind the dotted line appears, I think it’s a graphical representation matter and won’t affect the render process quality am I right? Second if it will affect the render here he has to again delete the two short white walls and extend the tall white walls to the level below and subtract the two short brown ones from them sure by SEO and make the tall walls again showed on all relevant stories and brought forward by display order, i hope you got my view.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB