Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Mesh - Use Fill of Surface Material

owen
Newcomer
As the topic says .. just like slabs.

Just another one of those bleeding obvious tool inconsistencies. Is there anyone at Graphisoft who is responsible for checking through the tools with each version to pick things like this up?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
4 REPLIES 4
owen
Newcomer
and a simple example as to where this would be useful:

Say I have modeled an area of flat paving using a Slab, and an area with falls using a Mesh. Both have a paving material applied which has a vectorial paving hatch associated.

Currently using this option i can have the slab inherit its Cover Fill from the applied paving materials vectorial hatch, but the same option is not available for the Mesh (Slab with falls) .. so i have to manually assign the paving hatch rather than inheriting from the Mesh surface material like the slab does.

os
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. I also had this need several times and I wondered why in the Mesh do not have this opportunity.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
A similar issue about roofs vs. slabs can be seen here:
Fill orientation in 2D vs 3D
One issue not addressed: as the roofs and meshes slope (the slab does not) would you expect the pattern to be as if on a flat surface, or sloping? With the Mesh, there could be multiple sloping areas going in different directions.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14