Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Mesh floor plan display

Gerald D Lock
Advocate
There are currently 2 options for displaying ridges of a mesh:
1. Show all ridges
2. Show user-defined only

Please add a 3rd option: Show none (ie. just the bounding edges of the mesh)

This would also be a helpful option under Model Display in Sections & Elevations if possible, as meshes with user-defined equal-height contours show with lots of (unwanted) horizontal lines.

'Show SEO-generated ridges' would also be useful in floor plan, perhaps as a check-box?
ArchiCAD 24 (build 5004)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Apple M1 Pro 32GB RAM | MacOS 12.0.1

Melbourne, Australia
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Looking at this again it would also be handy to have separate pen colour and line type settings for the ridges, user defined ridges and perimeter.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Paul King
Advisor

Separate control of ridge pen and line style essential!  So desperately overdue, now 8 long years later!

PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Sculptdesign
Booster

Totally support this, both an option to just show the perimeter and hide the ridges, as well as a pen type for the ridges if shown.

Often we just want to show the perimeter and especially on 3D the ridges make the drawing look very messy!

ArchiCAD 26 Solo - Mac
Paul King
Advisor

Sometimes also we need to just show contours but not the edges - for example where contour / levels information is unavailable across the whole site.  It is a risky move to stretch the mesh edges to site boundaries when there is no 3D information at site boundaries, if all you want to do is display the mesh contours in the immediate area of the building, without a confusing  polygon showing around the contours

PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop