BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Messages while opening a project

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please, tell me if I wrong, but there is no ability to turn off all messages while opening process. This is useful, when start new one, but VERY annoying when opening project which in work. Day by day, once by once - i have to press CLOSE (X) button.
So please, give us a choice - have a smooth opening or admire the messages.
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
Parsing what you are writing I might be able to see your point for missing file links if you are opening files remotely for a quick check but baring a language misunderstanding if someone working for me tried to argue around fixing error messages I would fire him.

There is a reason for those messages, you should handle as soon as possible, and avoid them in the future by implementing workflows that prevent the errors .

My analogy to the Oil Warning still stands
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
Yury wrote:
But, usually, they come to me from other members, and so, this is too difficult to fix. I think the users meet this problem, often.
So if these errors are coming from other users it can mean one of two things.
The other user is too lazy to fix the errors which just makes it harder for you as a second user to understand and fix the problems.
Or if the other user is not getting the errors, then you don't have the same libraries and links to external files. So how can you be sure you are seeing what the first user intended?

The errors may not be important, but they could be hiding some that are.
So unless you are going through the lists all the time to see if they are important or not you could end up in trouble.

Basically all we are saying is fix the errors so you won't get them every time you open the file and you will easy spot any new errors.

But if you are happy to ignore them, then that is your decision - just hit close on the dialogue box.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!