BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Modules: Mirror Window

Lingwisyer
Guru
Unimportant wish that is purely cosmetic, but one I would like to make anyway.

An option for windows to mirror in relation to other windows with the option active, even when contained within separate modules.

Within your modules, you would model all the relevant asymmetric windows facing the same way. Once inserted, this option would cause the windows to alternate between floors and neighbouring units.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You could possibly do this with the window object instead.

You would probably want to identify the window using the module Master ID to be able to show that it is a different window.

You can request the Master ID with GDL.

So let's say you add a bit of text to Master ID to identify it as the mirrored type and have your window object check for that to change the direction of the swing.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
With the window object instead? There are only skylights and dormers under window objects...

On the note of a Mirrored Type, that would be another consideration as if the type itself is mirrored, the window may not need to be mirrored again.

Ling.

Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
With the window object instead? There are only skylights and dormers under window objects...
Erwin means with the windows you place with the window tool.
Technically these are objects as well - just specific to the window tool.

It would require scripting them to pick out a key word in the master ID of the module so they mirror automatically if it is found.

Personally I would think it would be easier to have two modules - one with mirrored windows.
Then place which ever module you need.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
It would require scripting them to pick out a key word in the master ID of the module so they mirror automatically if it is found.

Personally I would think it would be easier to have two modules - one with mirrored windows.
Then place which ever module you need.

Barry.

If it was important, then that would probably be what we would do within the current system as, much like doors, the window call tree is not the easiest thing to work with. Hence the wish, as when it is desirable, it results in a lot of duplication.

Ling.

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We generally have modules for the outer facade and for floorplans, if we're talking work-arounds.

I agree that the endless CALL statements make modifying existing library parts for doors/windows (or objects as I call them ) very tedious.

However, I've already seen efforts made in the zone stamps in our local library for use of the Master ID, so maybe Graphisoft can pick up on this as part of the wish.

It does seem to me that it would be far easier to have a 'mirror when module is mirrored' or 'mirror when master ID contains...' parameter added as a toggle, than somehow having parts of a module be editable while still being part of the module.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!