Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Mono pitch truss download.

Johann_P
Advocate

Just wondering if there is a customizable mono pitch truss which shows web-members available for download somewhere.

I only seem to have one without web members.

There seems to be a post from 2014, but the link just takes me to a website.

Archi148.jpg

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

have you tried the truss maker? design > design extras > truss maker... it's based on pLines... draft out the centerline of the truss members and convert to a truss

Otherwise, you could model the truss with beams, select them in plan view, then go to file > libraries and objects > save selection as > object to save the beams as an object

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

have you tried the truss maker? design > design extras > truss maker... it's based on pLines... draft out the centerline of the truss members and convert to a truss

Otherwise, you could model the truss with beams, select them in plan view, then go to file > libraries and objects > save selection as > object to save the beams as an object

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Johann_P
Advocate

Great thanks!
I did not know about "Truss maker"

Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro

My one comment would be that the ribs of a truss are the responsibility of the truss designer/engineer/manufacturer. If you are that person, then I can see why you would want to model the ribs. If you are the building designer, then the heel height of the truss and the roof pitch would be the only parameters you would want to input and have control over. The out-of-the-box  truss objects do both I think.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Johann_P
Advocate

Indeed Aaron, you are correct.
But my goal is to show open trusses without a ceiling in a 3D render in Twinmotion.
Thus the ribs / webs of the truss does not need to be perfectly correct, but need to be shown with sufficient detail and accuracy to be used for presentation renders.
It seems the "Truss Maker" tool works for this purpose.

Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
RandyC
Advocate

Cadimage has a wonderful truss that configures to dual pitch and single pitch 

It also stretches in many directions with overhang, heel height, pitch etc.

cadimage full truss.png

CT full truss & CT half truss

ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

This would be something you could make with the param-o tool, if you feel like you need to adjust the dimensions a few times during design.

I ussually estimate how many times I would adjust the element and how long it would take me to do a bit of basic math to plot out the connection points and boundary of the shape. If I feel like I would use the element in multiple projects going forward, it is often worth spending 1-2 hours to make something parametric.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You can also use the Curtain Wall tool to model the Truss. You can even do it in a Section or Elevation Viewpoint.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27