Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More Graphic Control for the Headroom Component in Stairs

Can we have some parametric control over the appearance of the Headroom component, or the ability to modify it with a Graphic Override rule.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I added a Poll, and voted "Essential".
Aaron, now you can vote too.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Essential - headroom is a brilliant new feature but essentially useless for most documentation.
I'd happily vote again.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Jesse Davidson
Contributor
Yeah, the Headroom option is a great feature, unfortunately if we have no control on how it looks, its somewhat useless for documenting... C'mon AC lets get this going!
ArchiCAD 24 Full
15" Macbook Pro (2018), OSX 10.15.7
2.6 GHz Intel Core I7, 32GB DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB[/size]
Gerald D Lock
Advocate

Can't believe this wish is now almost 3 years old. **beep**??!! This is simple stuff - just make the headroom a 2D plane, offset from the risers/nosings by the nominated height. It doesn't need to be a solid mass and that's what is causing the problem.
Meanwhile we're getting updates to make Archicad for structural and services engineers??!

What a waste of time and resources.

Also, can't seem to vote on this wish anymore. Maybe it's a problem with the transfer to the new Graphisoft Community? (Don't get me started)

Anyway, if I'm missing a not-very-obvious VOTE button, can someone please point it out to me (or manually add a tally mark on the GS dev board!)

ArchiCAD 24 (build 5004)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Apple M1 Pro 32GB RAM | MacOS 12.0.1

Melbourne, Australia

The polls for voting for wishes is no longer part of this new forum - they did not transfer.

We now have the LIKE button.

Admin is working on a way to bring back polls with questions like we had before.

So for now, just LIKE the original post if you agree with it.

Barry.

PS offensive words and abbreviations are automatically censored in this new forum as well.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Just to add to what Barry wrote:

Yes, currently Likes are the Votes, but @Gordana Radonic has mentioned it in another thread that all previous votes and poll results are available and stored with Graphisoft so they are not lost.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Actually they raised the bar quite a bit above getting the polls back. Let's keep it there. 

@Gordana Radonic wrote:

Dear Community members, 

We are planning to make Graphisoft Community a place were we can share ideas about the future of Graphisoft products. We are working on implementing a feature that will help us process your wishes and ideas in much better way with a proper feedback.

Until we are ready, we will keep this  forum open where we also migrated all your previous wishes submitted on Archicad Talk.

We will share more information with you timely. Stay tuned!

Best regards, 

Gordana 

TaniavH
Contributor

well here we are about to head into 2022...and the Archicad 25 release STILL doesn't have any control over the headroom graphics of stairs - surely something this simple can be incorporated into a pending update?