BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More control over eyedropper

Anonymous
Not applicable
The eyedropper seems inconsistent in which parameter it transfers from one object to another. For me, it's never the right ones, e.g.

In fills, what I really want is the angle and scale (which I don't get)
In text, I want the size, the font, the colour, but not the angle (which I do get)
In furniture etc., I want everything except the angle.

But more importantly, in windows and doors, I would love it if I could duplicate all the attributes of a window or door except the overall dimensions and style.

Would it be possible to associate an optional list of options with the eye-dropper, so that it could be fine-tuned?
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
I agree. I'd like the eyedropper/syringe to have behavior similar to Apple's Aperture which upon picking up the attributes of one image, displays a list of all attributes and you can then clear checkmarks to decide ("lift metadata") which attributes to copy ("stamp") into other images.

So: more parameters and more control over which ones are injected by the syringe.

Pretty sure that there is already a wish about this, but I couldn't find it just now..

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!