Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More stories LEVELS

Podolsky
Ace
We need more levels! Structural Slab Level (SSL), Finished Floor Level (FFL), Finished Ceiling Level (FCL) or any custom level (roof parapet, window sill, top of door etc.) To use the additional floor for each of these levels - how it's possible to do today in ArchiCAD - it's not a solution. Each floor must have a set of levels in Story Settings, each element can be linked to these levels (for instance - lamps to Ceiling Level, Load-bearing walls to SSL, furniture to FFL) and Story Levels marker show or hide these levels, controlled by Model View Option.
5 REPLIES 5
Marc H
Advisor
There are two customizable Reference Levels. I'm using them now on re-constructing an older structure with different levels within the story. Very helpful to set wall bases, etc. as you describe.

It would be helpful to have the ability to add a few more Reference Levels.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
vdentello
Advocate
Podolsky wrote:
We need more levels! Structural Slab Level (SSL), Finished Floor Level (FFL), Finished Ceiling Level (FCL) or any custom level (roof parapet, window sill, top of door etc.) To use the additional floor for each of these levels - how it's possible to do today in ArchiCAD - it's not a solution. Each floor must have a set of levels in Story Settings, each element can be linked to these levels (for instance - lamps to Ceiling Level, Load-bearing walls to SSL, furniture to FFL) and Story Levels marker show or hide these levels, controlled by Model View Option.
I'd love to see nested levels, Setting up ceilings would be much easier, for example, or even Mezzanines.
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
henryL
Enthusiast
Yes, this is absolutely essential.
Professor Pickle
Advocate
We should be able to create arbitrary levels. Furthermore, these levels should have a setting that distinguishes between "story defining" levels and "non-story defining". We should be able to convert a non-story defining level to one that defines a story.

This would be akin to Revit's feature where you can create levels that are not associated with a plan view, i.e. they exist as datum planes only. It is a very useful feature.
Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

henryL
Enthusiast
Tomek wrote:
We should be able to create arbitrary levels. Furthermore, these levels should have a setting that distinguishes between "story defining" levels and "non-story defining". We should be able to convert a non-story defining level to one that defines a story.

This would be akin to Revit's feature where you can create levels that are not associated with a plan view, i.e. they exist as datum planes only. It is a very useful feature.
That would be great