BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Morph Tool - Extrude along 3d path

Anonymous
Not applicable
Experimenting with the new MORPH tool, i've noted the 'TUBE' function to extrude a face along a path, however it seems to require selecting face and then the subsequent nodes of the path sequentially and then in straight segments.

Is would be very useful to define the path in space in advance and then extrude face along that path, say by using the magic wand tool.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
kombibob wrote:
Experimenting with the new MORPH tool, i've noted the 'TUBE' function to extrude a face along a path, however it seems to require selecting face and then the subsequent nodes of the path sequentially and then in straight segments.

Is would be very useful to define the path in space in advance and then extrude face along that path, say by using the magic wand tool.
agree. formerly a Sweep tool. What Archicad misses now are a few basilar nurbs commands. Shell a morph is even more important than that
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I've just spend an hour drafting a swept profile for a 'bell' shaped facade (classic dutch wooden style). Now I want to move a node 50 mm and can't figure out how to change the path after completing the morph. Having to painstakingly click the 30 nodes of the path again (not to mention the frustration of trying to get the arcsegments correct). This sort of defeats the purpose of the tool.

I've gone back to using the profiler addon and using SEO additions for when the sweep goes around a bend into another plane.

I hope this gets fixed with ArchiCAD 17.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Is this still pending???
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Learn and get certified!