Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Multi-installation-aware installer

Thomas Holm
Booster
It's time for the Multi-installation-aware installer. Many users have several installations of Archicad on their machines. Much confusion possible, links to defaults and docs mixed up etc.

The installer should take care of that, allowing separate defaults, WEs and templates for each version etc, also distinguishing between different versions of the same program generation and making this visible to the O/S by naming the programs version-aware.

Example:
The Swedish Mac version of the Archicad 11 program file (bundle) should be named Archicad_11_SWE.app after installation, instead of just Archicad.app, like all versions since Archicad 7 for OSX.

Edited: I just found out that the installer that was used during the AC11 beta test worked more like this wish: It installed (at least some) prefs in a folder named (example) ~/Library/Preferences/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 11.0.0 INT v1/x86/ (in reality it used build numbers too)
Maybe this could be used in the public releases too? (I'm aware there might be other issues to this) Please refer to my post http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=107939#107939
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
Having just tried to install AC-INT on the same machine as AC-USA, I totally agree!
Tom Waltz
On Windoze the preferences are stored in different places, but it is painfull to define the "run as" for all needed variants in my environment AC 11INT/PL; AC10 and sometimes AC9 - so I too vote important.

Best Regards,
Piotr