Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Multiple Selections 'Edit Selection Set'

Anonymous
Not applicable
- If multiple different elements are selected and using 'Edit Selection Set to change for example a pen. The pen of the last selected element is displayed. If some of the selected elements have the same pen, there is no way to change them, have to change them to another pen, then back again. What should happen is if the pen is changed to the same pen, all selected elements should change to this pen.
5 REPLIES 5
matthewjj
Newcomer
Ah yes the 'Graphisoft Dance' this behavior seems true in many other Archicad situations.

My suggestion is that when multiple items are selected rather than assuming the settings of the 'last' element selected it should default to a NONE selection or a question mark. I have seen similar behaviors in other program, I think this happens in Adobe products when modifying strokes, colors, etc.

It is definitely a nuisance that should be addressed, like when you select items in the publisher it should automatically select the 'Publish - Selected Item'. How many times to I have to abort an accidental priniting of 50 sheets???? Please!

Click here then click there and there and make sure that you click there and then you can click publish!
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
Anonymous
Not applicable
"matthewjj" wrote:
... like when you select items in the publisher it should automatically select the 'Publish - Selected Item'. How many times to I have to abort an accidental priniting of 50 sheets???? Please!...quote]

Yes, i have the same problem, very annoying.
__archiben
Booster
Mark wrote:
What should happen is if the pen is changed to the same pen, all selected elements should change to this pen.
riiiiight. but how the hell is archicad supposed to know that there has been a change if there hasn't?!

the parameter set for the group of selected items always defaults to the last selected element. if you're using 'find and select' the order in which they're selected depends on some kind of internal logic such as order of creation or internal ID or something.

if you're selecting them manually, ensure that the last element you select is the one with the parameter you want changed. if you've already used 'find and select', simply deselect and immediately re-select the element with that pesky parameter . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
IMHO the setting should display as "varies" then you only have to make one change. Also highlights where you may have set something incorrectly if you have a "varies" come up and all items should have the same setting.
__archiben
Booster
s2art wrote:
IMHO the setting should display as "varies" then you only have to make one change. Also highlights where you may have set something incorrectly if you have a "varies" come up and all items should have the same setting.
yep. good idea. a bit like the apple iTunes 'edit multiple info' dialogue . . ? if you change a 'parameter' the little box next to it shows with a tick.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup