Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

NEED SIMPLE ZOOM in 3D,

Anonymous
Not applicable
AC10 3D window Zoom is frustrating

I would like "simple zoom" and "dolly" in the 3D window zooming. The current zoom is actually dolly. AC9 had the simple zoom.

Please see the images below
Thanks
Robin
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please see these comparison images.... they may make my point clearer
Zoom 1 of 3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
image 2 of 3
Zoom 2 of 3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
image 3 of 3
Zoom 3 of 3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
This and more other things i was talking about when i compare AC9 & AC10 (AC9 is much better even AC11), but someone from the "team" vote "not needed". See?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with you rhodes.

At my place of work almost everyone feels that AC09 is much better than AC10. We still have not seen 11. I am hoping that atleast the "SIMPLE ZOOMING" and "EPS exporting" will be back on AC11.

If you want to get very specific perspective view results you definitely need SIMPLE ZOOM and DOLLY. I think that those who vote against this has not worked extensively on 3D models and renderings especially on large scale projects.

rhodes wrote:
This and more other things i was talking about when i compare AC9 & AC10 (AC9 is much better even AC11), but someone from the "team" vote "not needed". See?
TomWaltz
Participant
How was AC9 better than AC10? Do you mean just in the 3D navigation or in the whole program?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried posting this earlier but it seems to have vanished.

AC10 and 11 still have the same old zoom tool that was available in AC9. In the default work environment it is only available from the little magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the view window (3D, plan, section, or detail). If you want more ways to access it you can customize your WE.
Anonymous
Not applicable
robingrg wrote:
I am hoping that atleast the "SIMPLE ZOOMING" and "EPS exporting" will be back on AC11.
The SIMPLE ZOOM of version 9 is still available (see my previous post)
If you want to get very specific perspective view results you definitely need SIMPLE ZOOM and DOLLY.
DOLLY exists in 3 forms: camera path, scroll zoom and walkabout. These are each a little different from one another and should offer an adequate range of controls.

The SIMPLE ZOOM of AC9 (zooming to a portion of the window) is really a photo enlargement not a zoom (ie in the darkroom not the camera). The only photographic lens behavior that is similar is perspective control.

To get the effect of a zoom lens you have to change the aperture angle ("View Cone") of a placed camera. To get an animated zoom place two cameras on top of each other and set them to different angles.

If you really need more than this it may be time to look at other rendering programs.

RE: EPS, you better get used to PDF.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Matthew wrote:
AC10 and 11 still have the same old zoom tool that was available in AC9. In the default work environment it is only available from the little magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the view window (3D, plan, section, or detail). If you want more ways to access it you can customize your WE.
They're hardly the same though are they mate? One moves the viewpoint, one zooms within the current viewpoint. You can see the difference in the Navigator Preview.

This isn't the first time that the new-in-10 3D navigation controls have been criticized for being more like a game and less for architectural pruposes.

I'm with Robin, the old AC9 navigation techniques need to be brought back.

Cheers,
Link.