BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Native SketchUp Support

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now there is an add-on for support SketchUp
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/
But:
1) implement it in ArchitCAD by default, SketchUp is the main exchange format for students these days
2) give somewhere a link to the add-ons download page, so if we can't find it somewhere inside the program, we are directly referred to the right web page to look if it is there
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I forwarded the request to GS and they have put the Google Earth Connection link on the download page for the INT version already. It is also being put on the web pages of other versions.
This is the page that ArchiCAD takes you when you activate the Help\ArchiCAD 13 Downloads menu command.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Will Mac users ever get this?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Not until Google does the necessary development.
The ball is on their side as far as I know.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anything Graphisoft could do to move them along would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
phubbell wrote:
Will Mac users ever get this?
Do not worry. On Windows this Connections is not much advantage, if you had the imprudence to update "Google Earth".
There I explained the reason. http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29947
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I guess I'm glad to not have suffered those problems.
DaveOlufs
Participant
Is it possible for ArchiCAD to create their own similar set of 3D tools to mimic what SketchUP provides and now similar to the new Vectorworks 2011 offering? Doing this could eliminate SketchUP as a design tool because it's capabilities would be built into AC...

SketchUP is a useless tool now because there is no interface with my MAC and AC v12 thru v14.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Learn and get certified!