BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New GDL commands such as LOFT are long overdue!

Jarrod Phillips
Enthusiast

Hi,

It would be great to see some new GDL commands such as loft added to the GDL library. I know I’m not the first to request this but I believe a loft command would add some much needed functionality. Some other variations of loft would also be useful such as lofting two shapes (1 at each end) along a non linear path. E.g a lofted elbow with a circle at one end and a square at the other. It’s one command that has the potential to create a handful of complex geometries that’s required in a lot of contemporary objects.

Cheers!

Jarrod

BIM Manager | Graduate of Architecture
Fulton Trotter Architects - Sydney, Australia
Archicad 15 - 27
1 REPLY 1
runxel
Legend

Valid request. I'll mention RULED and RULEDSEGMENTED here, because that is already very close, but sadly does not allow arcs (which is kinda understandable). And that's a wellknown limitation of GDL, too (Tube anybody?) – which means, if you know how, it can be overcome with a bit of math. Still a less verbose way would be very nice indeed!

Tangent to this: Even more powerful would be a SWEEP2 like in Rhino, where you can sweep a surface between two rails, which allows for many forms to be realized.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!