Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New Model View Option

jp
Contributor
I would like to have a new option available in the "Model View Options" dialogue. Under "Options for Fills & Zones" and "cut Fill Patterns" I would like to see an additional button or a sub button to "Solid". Currently if you select solid, all construction elements will show a solid fill in plan and in section which is great. But, archicad still creates boundaries based on the actual fill of the construction element. I would like to have Archicad ignore boundaries and calculate the view as if all the fills were the same, so fills would merge without the boundary lines between. This is very useful for preliminary drawings, and later for presentation drawings. This is most important for the new interior elevation tool. If this option is available you have much cleaner interiors and can keep them as "auto rebuild model" instead of having to change them to a "drawing" and clean up the mess. I have attached a pdf with a simple example to try and explain.
Many Thanks, JP

John Peterson, AIA
Dalgliesh Gilpin Paxton Architects
Archicad 7-21 US
PC and iMac
10 REPLIES 10
jp
Contributor
Well, I'm dealing with sections again and really hope Archicad programmers will put my wish in V13. If any of you programmers are actually reading this, then at least put in the option to make all the fill colors the same. The boundaries would still be there which is not great but at least having a uniform solid fill of the same color would be helpful until you figure out the original request. Please! I'm begging you.
Many Thanks, JP

John Peterson, AIA
Dalgliesh Gilpin Paxton Architects
Archicad 7-21 US
PC and iMac