Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New display option for Sect/Elev views

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like a display option that controls shadows and vectorial hatching in sect/elev windows. These are slow to generate and I end up turning them off and have to remember to turn them back on before publishing. Such a display option would allow you to have a "working" view set in which these are off and a "publishing" view set that has them on.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Great wish, Mike. I, too, find it annoying to have to change these settings in each section/elevation's settings dialog (or to create duplicate elevations). It just seems more consistent to have this be a display option.

(Transparency in 3D affects sections/elevations, too ... and is memorized from the 3D settings dialog as part of a view in 9.0, but I think that that should be a display option instead as well.)

As I understand how the wish would be implemented, we're talking just about turning each of these on or off via a display option ... but the section settings would still contain the sun information for the shadows as now (indication of using the global sun position, or the specific sun position entered). But, I could see having that choice be a display option as well (of course the specific sun position would still have to be entered in the section settings).

Would be a big time saver.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I work that way too. Not a bad idea.

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6