BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New folder based searchable attribute lists are still not implemented everywhere in AC 26

Kvalheim
Contributor

I really, really love the new attribute folders and search functions in AC26. It's probably one of the biggest improvements of AC in my time using and the one I've most missed. It has sped up our workflow significantly and allows us to create a very fine grained attribute hierarchy without it becoming unusable due to infinitely long lists that needs to be scrolled through. What I've noticed though is that this function is not implemented everywhere so I'm wondering if this is in the works for a future AC26 update? I know I've stumbled across this several places, but at the moment the only examples that uses the old attribute list is the Edit Selection Set palette and surface controls inside railing settings.

So please get this fantastic new folder organized, searchable list into every nook and cranny of AC26!

Kvalheim_0-1665996340368.png

Kvalheim_1-1665996749704.png

5 REPLIES 5

As far as I know it is being rolled out to all attributes. it should come in a future update.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Kvalheim
Contributor

Happy to hear that, thanks for your reply:)

I don't think this is the solution @Kvalheim is looking for.

You are correct, other attributes like lines and fills will get folders in the future.

But what @Kvalheim is showing, is that layers have the ability for folders now.

But when you go into edit elements, the folder structure for layers is not there.

BarryKelly_0-1666143989836.png

Similarly surfaces can have folders.

But when you go into an object or railing to change a surface, there is no folder structure again.

So @Kvalheim , if this is what you mean you may want to un-mark the post by Lee as a solution (the same way you marked it as a solution).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes Barry, that is precisely what I meant. I misunderstood Lees post and got a bit eager with the solution-button. The search and folder function isn’t really complete before it’s implemented throughout. 

Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-12376)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

Learn and get certified!