Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New revamped Wall and slab tools

bouhmidage
Advisor
I think, after revamping stairsand railings in AC 21, revamping curtain wall with a major update in AC 22, and the very cool and intuitive beam and column tool in AC 23, i'm pretty sure that Graphisoft will revamp Wall and slab tool in the next release,

walls will not just belive like a section extruded on a path,
- we can add geometry to extrude inside or outside of the wall surface, to create niches and voids correctly
with the thickness of mortar,
- diffenet height ends of walls,
- automatic connection between 2 coplanar walls with different thicknesses
- more flexible and had adjustable PBC between walls
- wall-end and return skin in the top and buttom

For slabs :
- Slab edge tool, instead of all that work around to do simple things
- offset slab inside or up and down ( offset inside helps when we want to keep reference line of slab and wall on each other, and have correct PBC on section between wall and slab ( the outer skin of the wall will not be cut by slab if it's material is weaker than a material from slab )
- making slopes on composite slabs, for exemple, you can draw a rectangle on the upper skin and move it down by 3 cm, the first skin will be sloped, the 2 other skin will be intouched. simple, and quicker for terrasses work, and WC work
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also split finish face of wall and slab for different material application.
Barry Kelly
petsagouris wrote:
Also split finish face of wall and slab for different material application.

You can do this now for walls by using complex profiles, and even make it stretchy with modifiers.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It cant be used to make for example a wall starting with stone covering on left side at 50cm going up to 150cm on the right side.
Barry Kelly
petsagouris wrote:
It cant be used to make for example a wall starting with stone covering on left side at 50cm going up to 150cm on the right side.
No, it can't be angled - only horizontal.
But it can be stretched down to nothing (zero height) so walls with or without this second material can all be done using the same wall composite.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
abdelaziz
Expert
Hi
my wish list for the wall:

_The possibility of having a composite wall with different height by extremity

_The possibility to change the base of the wall to difference altimetry

_The possibility to automatically adjust the base of the wall to diferent building element (mesh, slab, roof, shell, morph .....

_The possibility of decomposing a composite wall in several basic wall

_Have the ability to change the basic wall type (finish, other, core)

_have the ability to change the behavior of connections by wall type and composite layer type
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
When a wall is created, then it "grows" up from the 2D-Borderlines" and then there is made a rectangle shape in the hight. This shape should be editable in all section-views (and 3D) like the Slab-contour is in 2D-View.

Imagine it as an upright standing slab.
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Andy Melaragno
Booster
I am currently trying to model a wall that borders a roof and I am having a hell of a time trying to get all the materials to represent correctly in 2D and 3D. The materials above the roof slope need to be different than below the roof slope. This situation happens a lot in buildings. I really don't understand why there is not an easy solution to this. If we had the ability to slope the bottom and top of walls without SEO's, it would make this process so much more simple.
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
DGSketcher
Legend
Offsetting slabs: It would help if this followed the wall convention and we can use the core (upper / lower) to set the plane. I would also really like this applied to the roof tool so I can have a common reference and adding different finishes keeps the core in the same place.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Thank you for posting your ideas on the forum.

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this Wish into our Wish database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as Wish 12542)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future

I wish you all a fantastic day!
Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com