BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

New type of schedule for areas, perimeter s and other numerical data

ArchiMind
Advocate

Hello everyone,

I believe that Archicad should have a separate type of schedule, one that deals only with numerical data, for example, area schedules, perimeters, a price per unit (creating live BoQ inside Archicad)... 

In numerical schedule, or however you wanna call it, we should be able to format schedules more similarly to excel.

By that, I mean to have more formatting and calculation options.

For example:
Different row/cell colors, merging certain cells, ability to have multiple totals in one schedule, 
With this, we could create a more graphically appealing schedule that would filter information per user needs.

In the following attachment, this kind of table was done by coding the outer shell, which has parameters for the height and position of certain cells. In that shell, the user inserts 2-3 schedules per space typology (in this example that would mean Area for communication,  Area for installation, and Usable area), depending on what numerical data needs to be visualized. Instead of one schedule to rule them all.

Having this type of schedule would reduce the time for producing needed visualization of the numerical values.

ArchiMind_0-1672012312311.png

Cheers and Happy Holidays,

Stefan

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11
2 REPLIES 2
poco2013
Mentor

Sounds like VectorWorks Schedules??

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

@poco2013 

To be honest i haven't used the VectorWorks so i don't really know, but the fact remains that with the current schedule system it's very hard to create the structured schedules, without creating several of them and then like the collage paste them in the layout. 🙂

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11
Learn and get certified!