Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Nodes workflow in ArchiCAD. Any chances to dream about ? POLL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Graphisoft team !

Are there any chances that a node based workflow to be developed in ArchiCAD ? I'm thinking primarily about GDL scripting with nodes... But this may be extended to the entire application in the long run. Please take a look to Rino's Grasshopper or Houdini for reference.
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
Grasshopper has a live link into AC.

There is also apparently some sort of revamp / update to the GDL IDE in the current pipeline.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know there is a live link for Grasshopper but in this case one have to buy two softwares to use ArchiCAD's GDL ??? Is this a real choice on long term? To me this solution seems more than cumbersome. Integrate Grasshopper in ArchiCAD would be awesome... otherwise using it as external input I say nope... way too cumbersome and costly.

What I would really like to see is a genuine node workflow in ArchiCAD. That's the direction where certain parts of the CAD industry is heading to today. Houdini is based on this and seems really good at it. Why not ArchiCAD?
Lingwisyer
Guru
Probably because it would require rewriting the entire software from scratch...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Thank you for your active participation on ARCHICAD-Talk, and for sharing your wishes with us.

I'm happy to say that we have added this feature as a wish into out database! (The reference number for this Wish is #12550)

I hope this will be considered and implemented by our design team and developers!

Thank you all once more, and I wish you all a great day!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com